How to include your books in viaLibri search results
viaLibri searches for books that are listed for sale on more than thirty-five multi-dealer websites world-wide. (For example: AbeBooks, Amazon, Biblio, eBay, ABAA.org, ZVAB etc. A full list can be found on our Advanced Search page). If your books are already being sold on one or more of these sites then they will be included automatically in our search results and you do not need to do anything else.
If you are a Premium Services subscriber and have your own individual searchable website with books for sale then we may be able to search those books directly from your website. In that case the purchase links will go directly to the listings as they appear on your site. To do this we need to maintain an up-to-date mirror of your inventory on our own internet servers. This process is called “harvesting.” We can do it in several ways.
- If you already have a custom-built website it will need to be updated to allow downloading according to our harvesting protocol. You can find the technical details in our harvest documentation. Check to make sure your site isn’t already enabled (sites built by Bibliopolis, for example, are enabled by default). Many developers have already built bookseller websites that use our harvesting protocol, and we are happy to help more sites join in.
- If your website was built using WordPress then you can use our plugins to provide us with data in the correct format. You can find more details in our harvest documentation.
- If you are using Shopify then all we need are a few access codes and we can then start harvesting your book listings without further action on your part. Please contact us for details.
- If your website has a sitemap that includes all your active listings then in some cases we may be able to harvest your data from the links provided there. You will also need to make sure that your sitemap entries are updated frequently so that your information is alway up-to-date. (A proper sitemap will also increase your visibility to Google and other search engines, so if you don’t already have one you should consider an update even if you are not interested in being search by viaLibri.)
- If you don’t have your own website yet, but are interested in getting one, then we can build a new site for you. More details can be found on our LibriDirect page.
For more information about the benefits of letting us search your website:
- See details of LibriDirect, our website hosting service.
- Find out more about the benefits of subscribing to viaLibri Premium Services.
- For additional questions please contact us.