viaLibri Requires Cookies CLICK HERE TO HIDE THIS NOTICE

Recently found by viaLibri....

Petyt House, Old Church Street
London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co., Ltd, 1894 - Fine condition. Original etching. Uncoloured. Size to plate mark: 257 x 145 mm. Limited edition of 110, of which only 100 were for sale, from Bits of Old Chelsea. Signed by the artist in pencil lower left margin. Sun symbol within the image area, lower right. Petyt Hall, as seen in this engraving, was situated next to Chelsea Old Church and built in 1705. It is named after William Petyt who paid for the new building. It provided a Vestry Room where the first parish meeting was held in 1706, a school room for educating poor children and accommodation for the school master. Demolished in 1890, it was rebuilt in replica as a Church House. It was destroyed during the Second World War and luxury houses now occupy the site.
      [Bookseller: Peter Harrington. ABA member]
Last Found On: 2017-06-09           Check availability:      ZVAB    

LINK TO THIS PAGE: www.vialibri.net/years/items/8963919/1894-burgess-william-walter-petyt-house-old-church-street

Browse more rare books from the year 1894


      Home     Wants Manager     Library Search     561 Years   Links     Contact      Search Help      Terms of Service     


Copyright © 2017 viaLibri™ Limited. All rights reserved.