Recently found by viaLibri....
2017-07-19 22:41:15
Charleston Orphan House
By-Laws of the Orphan House of Charleston, South Carolina; Revised and Adopted by the Board of Commissioners, 4th April, 1861. Submitted to and Approved by the City Council of Charleston, 23d April, 1861. - 1st Edition/1st Printing
Evans & Cogswell, 1861. 8vo An attractive first edition/first printing in Near Fine condition with minor soiling to front. (Turnbull, Vol. III, p. 332); The Charleston Orphan House was founded in 1790. It was situated on its original site on the corner of Calhoun and St. Philip Streets in Downtown Charleston until 1951, at which time the building was demolished and relocated to North Charleston. The city of Charleston was involved in the operation of the new facility, which had been renamed Oak Grove, until 1978, when it was finally privatized. A rare piece of South Caroliniana, Charlestoniana, and Americana; [3]-40 pages
Bookseller: Books Tell You Why
Check availability:

Search for more books on viaLibri

LINK TO THIS PAGE: https://www.vialibri.net/years/books/98167197/1861-charleston-orphan-house-by-laws-of-the-orphan-house

Browse more rare books from the year 1861