Recently found by viaLibri....
2019-11-07 21:09:49
Guerard, Eugene Von
Weatherboard Fall N.S.W [Wentworth Falls]
Hamel & Ferguson, 1867. Rare and important lithograph of Wentworth Falls, Blue Mountains, by one of the most famous and important Australian colonial artists. Originally named The Weatherboard after the Weatherboard Inn built in 1814, a year later the town was renamed Jamison s Valley. In July 1867, the first railway journey to the Blue Mountains left Penrith and travelled through to Weatherboard Station, where the train terminated. In 1879, the village took its name from the nearby waterfalls, which had been named for William Charles Wentworth, one of the men that headed the exploration to cross the mountains in 1813 and a friend of John Jamison. Collections: National Gallery of Australia: LEGACY ID 84836 National Gallery of Victoria: Accession Number 2972G-4 National Library of Australia: Bib ID2105706 State Library of Victoria: Accession no: H25834 295mm x 490mm (11.61" x 19.29")
Libraire: Antique Print & Map Room [Ultimo, NSW, Australia]
Vérifiez la disponibilité

Search for more books on viaLibri

LINK TO THIS PAGE: https://www.vialibri.net/years/books/145911643/1867-guerard-eugene-von-weatherboard-fall-nsw-wentworth-falls

Browse more rare books from the year 1867