The viaLibri website requires cookies to work properly. You can find more information in our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Recently found by viaLibri....

MISSIONARY COLLEGE, CANTERBURY. Formerly the Abbey of St. Augustine. Warden The Right Reverend Bishop Coleridge D.D. L.L.Raz‚. del G. Hawkins lith ; Day and Son Lith. to the Queen
Published by Henry Ward, Mercerry Lane No date but c.1848, Canterbury - Tinted Lithograph 13 x 10.5 inches. Marked 'Proof' within the plate. A fine example with wide Margins The Missionary College was consecrated on June 29, 1848. It is likely that Henry Ward commissioned Raz‚ to produce this view to mark the event. Raz‚'s fine draughtsmanship captures the majesty of the gothic Gateway and presents to the viewer standing in what is now Lady Wootton's Green a general view of the newly opened College. The groups of figures in the foreground charmingly complete the scene.
      [Bookseller: Marrins Bookshop]
Last Found On: 2014-10-02           Check availability:      AbeBooks    

LINK TO THIS PAGE: www.vialibri.net/years/items/714545/1848-canterbury-raze-ll-missionary-college-canterbury-formerly-the-abbey

Browse more rare books from the year 1848


      Home     Wants Manager     Library Search     562 Years   Links     Contact      Search Help      Terms of Service      Privacy     


Copyright © 2018 viaLibri™ Limited. All rights reserved.