viaLibri Requires Cookies CLICK HERE TO HIDE THIS NOTICE

Recently found by viaLibri....

Plan of the Sand Hills Estate, in the Parish of St. Pancras and County of Middlesex: the Property of The Skinners Company.
1830 - London: J. Shuttleworth &co., c.1830. Lithographic map with hand colour, dissected and laid on linen as issued, in morocco slipcase with 'S.C.' and 'Sandhills' in gilt. Box with some signs of wear. Original map / plan of the Sand Hills Estate, which straddled what is now the Euston Road, with each house delineated. The part north of the Euston Road has now been redeveloped with the British Library and King's Cross Station, but south of the road much is recognisable but renamed: Euston Road is simply 'The New Road'; Cartwright Crescent is named here 'Burton Crescent'; and Hastings Street is 'Spelhurst Street'. Judd Street and Leigh Street have retained their names. The estate was developed by The Skinners’ Company, a medieval trade guild of the furriers, one of the 'Great Twelve' livery companies of London.
      [Bookseller: Altea Antique Maps]
Last Found On: 2014-08-13           Check availability:      AbeBooks    

LINK TO THIS PAGE: www.vialibri.net/years/items/637547/1830-anonymous-plan-of-the-sand-hills-estate

Browse more rare books from the year 1830


      Home     Wants Manager     Library Search     562 Years   Links     Contact      Search Help      Terms of Service     


Copyright © 2018 viaLibri™ Limited. All rights reserved.