| Recently found by viaLibri....
LITTLE GOODY GOOSECAP: or, Mother Bunch's - - 1785. 
80 pages, including pastedown wrappers. Wood-engraved frontispiece and illustrated throughout with 29 woodcuts and 2 typemetal decorations and a small woodcut device at close. 32mo. Original plain sugar-paper wrappers, with later  ownership inscription. Rather tired with loss of paper from spine, and a number of dirty corners - some a little ragged; one page close cropped Rare. Not in Osborne; Gumuchian, or Oppenheimer. Item 65 in Alderson & Moon Childhood Recollected, where only 27 woodcuts are noted. Little Goody Goosecap was originally known as The Orphan (1780), being the publisher John Marshall's attempt to emulate the huge success of John Newbery's Goody Two-Shoes. Around 1790 Marshall changed the name of The Orphan to The Entertaining History of Little Goody Goosecap. It is believed that Bassam was the first to use this name, disguising his piracy of the Marshall title.
[Bookseller: David Miles]
Copyright © 2017 viaLibri Limited. All rights reserved.